It’s straightforward (usually) to download a program
- Go to the website, select the program to be downloaded by left clicking the program button.
- Click to download-when computer says save or run program, just run it.
- Wait until 100% of program is downloaded.
- The program will ask you “yes/no” do you agree with the license-always say yes or program won’t install-select that button and then hit enter key to install it.
- Program will then install-it may take 2-20 minutes until its “loaded” or installed.
- Sometimes the program will ask you to restart computer so that computer and new program can be acquainted and work together. Do it.
- At the end you will see the page “finish”-just hit enter to close that.
- Shortcut option-the program will ask you to add a shortcut so that the shortcut is on your desktop. Click “yes.”
Programs will have “updates,” which are simply additions to and corrections to programs. If you do not update a program you are inviting hackers to attack your outdated version of a program. Over time “holes” and coding errors are discovered and the company then sends out these updates. The download and install process are essentially the same as a new program. Typically you will received a notice of update or request to download. Before you do that make sure the website listed for the update is valid, either under the same name as the company or from a respected site, like Piriform.com. Make sure that website address/url is part of the download address.