Gmail: How do you set it up and use it?
How to Signup
- To signup as a new user for Gmail.com: Type in (or click the website link below) the address line at the top of the screen the following: Google Sign Up.
- Type in a user name, which will have at the end have @gmail.com, for example my email is Marktheword68@gmail.com.
- Select a password with capital and small letters, at least 1 number and a symbol or two. Make it difficult to guess, no “ABC123” or your Name!
- Open Gmail after you subscribed: type in Gmail.com. You will then have to enter your user name and password to get in.
How to Add Contacts
- Add contacts: cursor to top left where you see “Google” in red and below that Gmail in red-click it, then click open “Contacts.”
- Create contacts: bottom right-see the red circle and click it.
- Fill in the name and click the blue create box then fill in the remaining information and “save.”
- Click the small left arrow above the blue T and click the 3×3 squares at the top right.
- Then click the “Gmail” icon which looks like a large red M.
How to Create and Send an Email
- Left click the large red button marked “Compose.”
- Look to the right and under “New Message,” “To,” type in the email address you are writing to.
- Hit the “tab” key on the left of your keyboard to enter the subject name of the email, example, “Trip to Cancun.”
- Tab again to the black space below subject and type your email.
- When you are done typing to to the bottom left-click the blue “Send” button at bottom left.
How to Attach photo or document to email
You can attach a document or photo to the email and send it to your contact.
- Look at the paperclip symbol at the bottom of the email.
- Left click it and search for a photo or document to attach-look to the large window to the left, find the folder where the document/photo is.
- Select it by left clicking
- At the bottom right of left click “Open”-this attaches that item to the email.
- Select the blue “send” box and left click.